Book an Australian visa medical
Australian visa medical assessment
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection only accepts visa medical assessments conducted by Medibank Health Solutions.
You are able to make a visa medical appointment with us for a permanent visa, temporary visa or student visa. There are different medical assessments for each visa type. It is your responsibility to make sure that you book an appointment for the right visa type. GSM Applicants do not require a reference number anymore but should go on line and book the services needed directly when they are ready to apply.
This website is intended to give you general information about Australian visa health requirements. If you need more details please contact your Department of Immigration and Border Protection case officer or nearest Departmental office.
Changes to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection Visa Medical Requirement
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has introduced a new electronic processing system to apply for and manage the Immigration Visa Medical examination process. This new system is called eMedical and is progressively being introduced at Medibank Health Solution Clinics across Australia. The change will require you to complete information online before attending our clinic. Without this information your examination will not be able to be conducted at our eMedical enabled clinics. Please see your locations for appropriate instructions for each clinic.
Update on Protection Visa 866
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has advised that all applicants for an 866 Protection Visa who are over the age of 15 must now undertake a blood test for Syphilis. If applying for this type of Visa please ensure you have ticked the following services when booking online:
Booking an appointment online
Appointment times are available for the next five (5) business days and can be easily booked online in most cases.
Before you book, we recommend you read the Frequently Asked Questions to help you better understand what’s involved, including:
- booking and payment processes (including fees)
- what to do pre-appointment
- what happens post-appointment.
To book online you will need:
- Know which Medibank Health Solutions clinic you wish to attend for your visa medical appointment and your preference for a morning or afternoon appointment ;
- A current and valid passport of the person requiring the visa medical appointment;
- A current email address for emailing of your appointment details and receipt;
- A credit card (only Visa or MasterCard) Note: all transactions are conducted in Australian dollars (AUD) and use a VeriSign digital certificate to ensure the security of your online transaction.
- Details of people requiring visa medical including: names, date of birth, address and contact number.
- Visa sub class number you are applying for (e.g. permanent visa, temporary visa or student visa)
|For bookings at eMedical enabled clinics:|
Before making appointments for your Visa medical examination you must have your new Health identifier (eg HAP ID). To obtain this refer to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website to complete necessary steps . Click here http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/arranging-health-exam.htm. For advice regarding this process please contact your Department of Immigration and Border Protection representative.
Your health identifier is located on your Department of Immigration and Border Protection referral Letter - click here to view a SAMPLE.
Please note: If you do not have this information we will not be able conduct your Visa Medical examination and your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
|Once you have your health identifier you will need the following information before booking an appointment online
Before you book, we recommend you read the Frequently Asked Questions to help you better understand what’s involved, including: booking and payment processes (including fees), what to do pre-appointment and what happens post-appointment.