- For people intending a lifetime stay in Australia. Visa codes begin with '1' or '3' or '8'.
- DD or DE classes - Skilled permanent, former student, including sponsored. This is exclusively for successful students and/or holders for the UQ497 visa, seeking a permanent stay in Australia on the basis of skills. If you are applying for the DD or DE you must have a full, permanent health assessment especially for this application, and not rely on any other health assessments you have had for any other purposes, including permanent applications of any other sort. If you are in this category you should nominate for a "Permanent Visa" examination.
Permanent visa medical examinations include:
- Medical Examination by a Medibank Health Solutions doctor.
- Chest X-ray by Medibank Health Solutions' approved Radiologist.
- HIV Blood Test - Blood taken by a Medibank Health Solutions nurse or by our approved pathology provider.
- Nurse Screening - eye test, height, weight, urine test
Children 10 years and younger do not normally require a Chest X-ray.
Children 14 years and younger do not normally require a HIV blood test.
In some circumstances. additional tests may be requested by the doctor. All costs for any additional tests are to be paid for by the applicant (the person who requires the medical examination).
Medibank Health Solutions clinics organise chest X-rays where required: larger clinics offer X-ray on site; smaller clinics will refer you to a local X-ray provider.
Women please note: To avoid having a second follow up appointment, if possible please make your appointment for at least a few days after you have finished menstruating. If however you are menstruating at the time of the appointment you may need to return after the examination for a repeat urine test.
If you are pregnant, you will not require a Chest X-ray until the baby is born but you will require a Hepatitis B blood test.
Also see Visa medicals for health workers.